||Progress DBA with Developer skills - Essex, UK
||Excellent package, based on experience
My client is a multinational player with a turnover in excess of 9 Billion. Their diversification strategy and growth by acquisitions means they are a dynamic company that uses IT to gain competitive advantage. They are seeking an experienced Progress DBA with Developer skills to develop and maintain their bespoke enterprise applications.
- Upgrade from Progress OE10 to OE11 in order to utilise new features
- Manage dump/loads, backups, restore and recovery across multiple databases
- Manage database security and provide auditing proof to satisfy PCI/SOX requirements
- Monitor database performance and system resources
- Experience with clustering, upgrades and data continuity
- Perform disaster recovery planning and testing across multiple data centres
- Develop functional and technical documentation
- Follow and refine change control procedures and policies related to database environment
- Create metrics/monitoring capabilities using existing tools
- Write and maintain documentation for the Progress environment as it grows
- Maintain the environment in a 24x7 environment
- Be aware of, and comply with, all corporate policies.
- Minimum 5+ years Progress DBA and development experience
- OpenEdge v10/v11 DBA / Developer and 4GL
- Experience with Database Replication, Application Server
- Experience with troubleshooting all aspects of Progress database including but not limited to database performance, availability, backup, disaster recovery and capacity planning.
- Strong UNIX skills
- Experience of large commercial systems
- Excellent communication skills
- A self-motivated, organised, team-player who can work on own initiative
- UNIX Shell scripting
||Contact Us in order to apply for this vacancy.
|Progress Jobs Role
||Progress Jobs is acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy
Register your interest for this Progress Job